| Our empty home |
The roadtrip went better than we expected, Maija is a good traveler but I think we will wait until she is older to do a roadtrip that long again! We made our stops in Cedar City Utah, Denver Colorado, Omaha Nebraska, and then my parents house in Minnetonka Minnesota.
A few days after we got to Minnesota my parents, Emily and Abby came which was so much fun to have the cousins meet. Some days they were on completely opposite schedules and didn't even really see each other! Gotta love how much the babes nap during the day.
The adjustment has been pretty good here for Ryan and I. He started work last week and has enjoyed it so far. He has played kickball with Krista and her friends and softball with some coworkers already- he certainly doesn't have a hard time getting involved. We've visted a couple of churches but haven't found a good fit yet.
We have spent a lot of time up at the lake already which is so relaxing and fun. Maija likes the lake and has loved all the time with Grandpa and Grandma seeing them almost every day!
Maija has definitely gotten worse and worse at sleeping. It has been exhausting and frustrating, I know it won't last forever but I am not sure why she has regressed so much over the last 2 months. I am trying to stop swaddling her but that hasn't gone so well so I am going to keep swaddling her since it's the only way she stays sleeping for any long amount of time. I know we will have a few nights of roughness to get her to stop using the swaddle. I'm just not quite ready for it. Thankfully I can get some naps in here and there when I am really tired.
All in all, we are so happy with the move. Apartment living isn't my favorite with a babe but I will adjust and it isn't permanent so I have already begun the house search. I am more eager than Ryan for a house- we have about half of our stuff stored at my parents house since it won't fit in our new home. Thanks mom and dad! Ryan just hates moving that much he doesn't mind :).
No comments:
Post a Comment